LATEST SAMSUNG FIRMWARE UPDATE
WHAT ARE THE LATEST SAMSUNG UPDATES?
Samsung is one of the most popular smartphones used by people from all over the world. To ensure that it works perfectly and to be safe from the security threats and bugs that are plenty online, the company comes up with regular security updates and OS system updates to ensure that the phones are problem-free. The latest Samsung update might be available for your phone. It would help in increasing its functionality and security. The updates are dependent on the device you are using and not every Samsung phone can run on the latest Android OS version.
Types of Samsung Firmware Update
The Samsung upgrade will be of two types generally: security updates and operating system updates. The version and the type of upgrade will depend on the Samsung device and model you are using. The Android updates and newer versions see a release every year and the code names of the Android updates are in the names of treats and sweets like Pie, Oreo, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Kit Kat, etc. The latest version of Android OS is Android 10 released in 2019 and users using flagship models like S9, S10, S10 Plus, Note 10, etc. can carry out the new Samsung update. To know the current version of Android OS, click on Settings and then tap on ‘About device’ or ‘About phone’ in the drop-down menu. If an upgrade is there, it will be shown on the top of the Settings screen or in the software upgrade option.
Models for Monthly Security Update are,
- Galaxy Note: Note10, Note10+, Note9, Note8.
- Galaxy Update: Fold, S8/ s8+, S8 Active, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G.
- Enterprise Phones: Galaxy Xcover4s, A8, A50, A5.
Quarterly Samsung Security Update Models
- Galaxy S Series: S7, S7 Edge, S8 Lite, S7 Active.
- Galaxy A Series: A9, A8, A8s, A8 Star, A8+, A7, A6, A6+, A2 Core.
- Galaxy 10 Series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20e, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80.
- Galaxy M Series: M10, M10s, M20, M30 M30s, M40.
- Galaxy J Series: J2 Core, J3 Top, J4, J4+, J4 Core, J6, J6+, J7 Duo, J7 Top, J7+, J7 Prime 2, J8.
New Galaxy Update for December
The Galaxy smartphones from the company have certain updates to be done in December. Samsung has released these upgrades and they include,
- 6 critical Android vulnerability fixes.
- Over 20 modern vulnerability fixes.
- 13 Samsung vulnerabilities and exposures fixes.
The devices that can use these updates are,
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Fold.
- Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9.
- Galaxy Note 8.
- Galaxy A5, A7 (2017 and 2018), A8, A50.
- Galaxy J7 Max, On Max, J6+, J5.
- Galaxy Tab Active 2 and Galaxy Tab A 10.5.
Major Samsung Update of 2019
The biggest and the best update that a lot of flagships and premium Samsung phone users are going to experience is to upgrade to all new Android 10 OS from Google. It is time to end the final slice of Android Pie and move on to something bigger and better with Android 10. It is loaded with a lot of fun and time-saving features and is the best Samsung update 2019 to happen to your phones and tablets. This is a major release from Google for all Android users and in particular Samsung handheld device customers. The catch is that not all the smartphones and tablets will be seeing the update soon or even later. It is bound to take time and now the Samsung Galaxy update with Android 10 is out for a few flagship devices. This new OS from Google is known as Android 10 or Android Q and as of now, it looks like Google has moved away from the sweet and dessert based names.
The list of the One UI 2.0 update Samsung phone features include,
- Improved dark mode.
- Streamline design.
- One-handed mode new features.
- Gesture control screen.
- My files, reminder, and calendar get a revamp.
- Improved biometrics.
- Device care enhancements.
The Samsung version of Android 10 for a wide range of supported devices comes with additional features lifted from the all-new Android Q operating system from Google. The features include,
- Live caption.
- Gesture navigation.
- Sound amplifier.
- Enhanced privacy controls and protection.
- Dynamic depth formats for photos.
- Notification assistant.
- Boosted location controls.
- Smart reply.
Samsung Devices to Get Android 10
This is the section that many of the Samsung phone users are looking for. The company has a policy of keeping the major Android software update on devices for two years. This might not be the case for Android 10.
Confirmed Smartphones: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9+, and Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 10.
Roll Out Very Soon: Galaxy S10. S10+, M20, M30, S10e, S10 5G.
Android 10 Upgrade Expected in 2020: Galaxy Fold; Galaxy A9, A7, A6, A6+; Galaxy A80, A70, A50, A40, A30, A20, A20e, A10; Galaxy J8, J8+, J6, J6+, Galaxy M10.
Android 10 Update Samsung Tablet: Galaxy Tab S4, S5e, S6, A10.1, A 10.5.
The devices that have received Oreo and Pie software updates will not be able to use the Android 10 OS. Hence, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8 will have to sit out.